Glasgow Asylum Destitution Action Network Resources
- Download the Network Map – this leaflet explains all about the resources across the city, including food distribution points and free meals.
- Download our general leaflet to find out more about Glasgow Asylum Destitution Action Network and read some answers to FAQs.
- Download a list of major agencies in GLADAN to find out more about the partners we work with.
- Download a Destitution Action Pack to find out more about destitution, including how to campaign and raise awareness.
Videos on the situation of refused asylum seekers:
- Living in Limbo – World Service Radio Documentary
- Destitution: Our story – a short documentary highlighting destitution of some people in Nottingham, by the Nottingh Arimathea Trust
Websites with more information about refugees:
- NACCOM – UK’s national No Accomodation Network
- Still human still here – campaign to end destitution of refused asylum seekers
Books on the background to seeking asylum:
- Song of the Nightingale by Helen Berhane (Release International) – re Eritrea
- Where we have Hope – a memoir of Zimbabwe by Andrew Meldrum
- The Tyrant’s Novel by Thomas Keneally
- The Other Hand by Chris Cleave
Information on the problems faced by those in the asylum process:
- The Book of Boaz by Dave Smith
- Asylum in Britain: A Question of Conscience by Anthony Harvey (PDF)
To include details of your project here, please get in touch